Foobar2000 is freeware and an advanced powerful audio player for the Windows operating systems, with great mix of both basic features that include full Unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats, and advanced services that will be attractive to more seasoned users and music professionals who are requiring little more than just simple audio playback. By being present on the market from the December of 2002, this great audio app that was created by Peter Pawlowski (former employee of Nullsoft, creators of worldwide known audio player Winamp) managed to steadily grow over the years and adopt tools and features that will make any music lover happy.
What is even more interesting is an interface that Foobar2000 uses. While almost any other audio player on the market has chosen to go with the route of emulating Winamp, this app uses very traditional and subdued Windows app interface, but by doing so it enabled its users to manage their music and playlists in very interesting way. By showcasing playlists, metadata, cover, and 4 tabs of song listings (Current Playlist, Incoming, Recently Added, Recently Player), users get very intuitive way of accessing their music collection. Also, this approach enabled users to resize their player to the size of their choice, never looking consistency and usability. Custom 3rd party skins have taken Foobar2000’s interface, and made it even more accessible and wild, with templates that were crafted for true music lovers and owners of large digital music libraries. Download Foobar 2000 offline installer for PC from FileHorse now.
Features and Highlights
- Simple and clean interface.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND… and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.