LMMS or Linux MultiMedia Studio is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial program like FL Studio, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. LMMS can also connect to any of your MIDI devices and allow you to perform live, all in a user-friendly and modern interface. LMMS 64 bit (Linux MultiMedia Studio) is a 100% free, open-source, community-driven project.
Produce music with your computer
by creating melodies and beats, synthesizing and mixing sounds, arranging samples and much more.
Playback instruments, samples and plugins
with a typing or MIDI keyboard in a user-friendly and modern interface.
Bundled with ready-to-use content
from an assortment of instrument and effect plugins, presets and samples to VST and SoundFont support.
Features and Highlights
- Compose music on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Sequence, compose, mix and automate songs in one simple interface
- Note playback via MIDI or typing keyboard
- Consolidate instrument tracks using Beat+Bassline Editor
- Fine-tune patterns, notes, chords and melodies using Piano Roll Editor
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Import of MIDI files and Hydrogen project files
- Built-in 64-bit VST instrument support with 32-bit VST bridge (64-bit Windows)
- 16 built in synthesizers, including emulations of Roland ® TB-303, Commodore 64 ® SID microchip, Nintendo ® NES and GameBoy, Yamaha ® OPL2 chip and more
- Embedded ZynAddSubFx: Polyphonic, mutlitimbral, microtonal, multi-voice additive, subtractive and pad synthesis all in one powerful plugin
- Native multisample support for SoundFont ® (SF2), Giga (GIG) and Gravis UltraSound ® (GUS) formats for high-quality instrument patches and banks
- Drop-in LADSPA plug-in support
- Drop-in VST ® effect plug-in support (Linux and Windows)
- Built-in compressor, limiter, delay, reverb, distortion, and bass enhancer
- Bundled graphic and parametric equalizers
- Built-in visualization/spectrum analyzer